OUR COVID-19 RELATED ACTIONS
Updated: August 25, 2021
HYGIENE AND PREVENTION MEASURES PLAN
Since the beginning of the pandemic, we implemented a robust Hygiene and Prevention Measures Plan in order to further improve response protocols and protect workers on our site against COVID-19.
As well, we strictly comply with guidelines issued by government and various bodies, such as Public Health and the Commission des normes, de l’équité, de la santé et de la sécurité du travail (CNESST).
Here are some examples of measures on our sites:
- We have a COVID-19 screening test laboratory that is installed directly at the Canadian Malartic mine site. This laboratory allows us to protect workers and respond quickly in the event of a specific situation.
- Mandatory training on the hygiene and prevention measures put in place for all our employees, those of our contractors and any visitor, before accessing our sites. The signing of a commitment form is also required.
- Triage procedure that everyone, without exception, must comply with upon entering our sites. In particular, a questionnaire to assess whether access to our facilities is authorized or not must be completed.
- Requirement, for everyone on our sites, without exception, to wear a surgical mask during ALL TRAVEL to their workstation, as well as in common areas such as drying rooms and bathrooms.
- Arrival time on the site for each of the departments in order to avoid groupings.
- Limit on the number of people at supervisors’ desks.
- A big top set up outside at the Canadian Malartic mine site to provide more room for mining operations workers when they arrive and leave.
- Buses have been added to increase the space between workers on a hot change schedule, i.e. the location where the 240-tonne production truck operators change shifts. The number of workers on buses is limited to one per seat, with seats alternating in each row. Dividers are also installed in the buses.
- The number of pick-up truck passengers is limited. Allowable passenger capacity depends on the number of dividers installed in the vehicle.
- Clean-up procedure for vehicles and equipment.
- Requirement to wash hands before and after using common equipment.
- Guideline for exclusion from our sites of a symptomatic worker
- Clean-up procedure if a case of COVID-19 is confirmed on our sites.
Continued safe operations require the collaboration and commitment of all our employees and contractor employees.
Our top priority is the health and safety of our employees.
our COMMUNITY RELATIONS OFFICE
Visitors must complete a questionnaire to assess whether their access to our Office is authorized or not. Wearing the surgical mask is also mandatory indoors.
If you have any questions, please, contact our Community Relations Team at 819 757-2225, extension 3425 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
COMMUNICATIONS FROM OUR PARENT COMPANIES
The Canadian Malartic Partnership is owned equally by Yamana Gold Inc. and Agnico Eagle Mines Limited.
To learn more about their response to COVID-19, please visit their respective websites.
VISIT AGNICO EAGLE’S WEBSITE
VISIT YAMANA GOLD’S WEBSITE