OUR COVID-19 RELATED ACTIONS
HYGIENE AND PREVENTION MEASURES PLAN
Since the last months, we implemented a robust Hygiene and Prevention Measures Plan in order to further improve response protocols and protect workers on the site against COVID-19.
Here are a few examples:
- Before entering the site, all CMM employees, contractor employees, and visitors must successfully complete new mandatory training on the hygiene and prevention measures that have been implemented. They must also sign a commitment form.
- A triage procedure that everyone without exception must comply with upon entering our site has been introduced. The procedure includes hand washing at the entrance and exit of the trailers near the mine’s guard house, at the Odyssey Project site, and at the Community Relations Office, a temperature check, and a questionnaire to determine if access to our facilities should be authorized or not.
- Obligation to wear face coverings for all our employees, those of our contractors as well as visitors deemed essential when traveling on the mine site, to their workstations.
- Staggered site arrival times for all departments in order to avoid groupings.
- The number of people at supervisors’ desks has been limited.
- A big top has been set up outside to provide more room for mining operations workers when they arrive and leave.
- Buses have been added to increase the space between workers on a hot change schedule, i.e. the location where the 240-tonne production truck operators change shifts. The number of workers on buses is limited to one per seat, with seats alternating in each row. Dividers are also installed in the buses.
- The number of pick-up truck passengers is limited. Allowable passenger capacity depends on the number of dividers installed in a vehicle.
- We have recommended that operators eat in their respective equipment and that employees eat in their office if they have one. Otherwise, employees must maintain a distance of at least two metres in lunchrooms.
- To help employees to respect a safety physical distancing, an extensive awareness campaign is currently conducted on the CMM site.
- A vehicle and equipment cleaning procedure has been implemented.
- The common area cleaning routine has been reviewed and maintenance teams at all our facilities have been provided with additional resources.
- A workplace exclusion guideline has been implemented for workers exhibiting COVID-19 symptoms.
- A cleaning procedure, to be applied if there is a confirmed case of COVID-19 on site, has been developed.
Continued safe operations require the collaboration and commitment of all CMM and contractor employees.
Our top priority is the health and safety of our employees.
Operating a mine in an urban area, we have always been committed to having regular, transparent communication with the citizens of Malartic. The current period is no exception.
Our Community Relations Office is open to visitors. However, circumstances require that all visitors comply with the triage procedure without exception. Wearing a face covering is mandatory inside the office.
f you have any questions or concerns, please call us first at 819 757-2225, ext. 3425 or send an email to: email@example.com.
We will respond to you as soon as possible.